Monday, March 14, 2011

A Weekend in Review...

This weekend was absolutely gorgeous ya'll-- even though I had a New Testament midterm and an Ethics paper to write.  I decided that I didn't want to procrastinate and have to work on that when I would've much rather have done something else, so I tackled those first assignments on Friday morning!  Then, it was officially spring break :)  I spent the rest of the day Friday with my grandmother and great aunt doing what we ladies do best- SHOPPING!!  We went to lunch at Olive Garden, then went to the antique and flea market on 45, then for pie and coffee at Weidmanns!  I enjoyed spending the day with ya'll grannie and grannie poe! 

Friday night, my mom took me to dinner and we spent the night just returning and buying stuff to finish up the apartment!  Satuday was spent getting my washer and dryer put in.  Can I get an 'Amen?' I've never been so happy to do laundry in. my. life.

Saturday night was spent with three friends that I haven't seen since before Christmas.  Brandon, Lauren and Debo wanted to celebrate my birthday, housewarming, and making the play so we went to dinner, came  back to my place for a movie and just spent time making fun of each other and enjoying each others company.  Lauren told me earlier this week that it'd be like Christmas when she saw me because she had so many gifts to give me... boy, was she right!!
I LOVE this frame and the picture holder!  I need to find an easel for my frame, but my picture holder has already been hung in my kitchen (only with a command hook, mom) and all of my christmas cards that were cluttering my fridge have been added!!  It's quite cute!

She also gave me one of my favorite gifts ever!!  It's framed pictures of THE landmarks and fun stuff of Mississippi State University.  A drawing of the Chapel of Memories, the cowbell, The Hump, Left Field Lounge and all that jazz!!  I love them! Such a nice gift!
And because Lauren is just as giddy as me about my shot at being Tracy in Hairspray, she gave me these little happies...  every girl needs a hot pink comb, right?!
As if all of that wasn't enough, she fixed me a trashcan up with all kind of kitchen stuff that I needed!!  I was just trying to scrounge up some magnets the other day and almost bought some extra dish rags!  She knows me all too well!
After we ate, it was time for a movie!!
This was what we watched on Saturday night...

 The A-Team... I'll be honest.  I wasn't a fan.  It was a blow 'em up, shoot 'em movie... just not me :)

I went to bed late and we had to spring forward so I missed an extra hour of sleep.  So, Sunday afternoon I crashed on the couch and watched...
This was such a great choice!!  Betty White was hilarious, and so was Jamie Lee Curtis!  It's a great girlie movie! 

Then Sunday night, I had some friends over and we watched this...

This is definitely my new favorite movie of all time!!  It's precious... you'll laugh. You'll cry. And you'll find yourself smiling the whole time :) 

I hope ya'll are ready for a great week!! 

No comments: