Monday, March 7, 2011

sweet goodness...

Last Thursday, I was about to leave for a youth basketball game in Quitman when I got a phone call that told me to come and pick these two things up... 

Yep, two loaves of homemade sourdough bread and a homemade poundcake!  Happy Housewarming to me from a very faithful reader, Betty!  It was absolutely scrumptious!  In fact, I'm on starch overload!  ha :)

As I was pulling up to my new home after picking up those two gifts, I spotted this...
My sweet mama planted me some beautiful geraniums and gave me a watering can with the sweetest note!  Thank you mama!  I think about you everyday when I see my "cheery" front porch.  Also, thanks for texting me and reminding me when I need to bring the plants in-- cause you know I know NOTHING about taking care of plants!

Saturday was such a dreary day around town.  It did nothing but rain.  All day.  So, I spent the day doing some shopping at the new Enterprise Pharmacy and Gifts and shopping for groceries for my youth get together on Sunday night.  When I finished all of that, and changed out of my soakin' wet clothes, I got ready to go and be the emcee at the Clarkdale Middle and High School Beauty Review.  Oh my word.  I've never seen so many fifth grade girls look like they're 30!!  All in all, it was fun and the winners looked beautiful and I can mark "emceeing an event" off of my bucket list!
I hope that you are having a great Monday!  I'm sitting in seminary class as I type this and should probably be paying attention!  I am paying for school after all! 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Joy said...

HAHA, I'm laughing so hard about the beauty review picture and comment. It's so true... I saw some of the pictures and those girls did NOT look their age! What happened to the little lace and ruffle dresses that we use to wear for the younger beauty reviews? HAHA Those were the days!