Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Good Morning Baltimore!

Yep, that's the tune that I'll be singing for the next two months!  I have spent the last two nights of the week at Meridian Little Theatre trying out for the lead role of Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray.  I am so, so excited!  From the time I saw the play for the first time, I always said that if Meridian ever got the rights to it, that I'd try out.  After talking myself in and out of audtioning for weeks, I decided on Monday afternoon that I'd give it a shot.  I cannot tell you how much competition I was up against.  Every person could sing, dance and act.  There were tons of people that tried out for all of the roles and I wasn't so sure that I'd even be Tracy. 

But, I got the call this morning with the good news.  So, mark your calendars folks for May 12-18 and get a ticket to this fabulous play! 

2 comments:

Joy said...

Whoop Whoop!!! I love it! You're going to be amazing! Can't wait to see you at First Nighters! Oh yeah Tracy, you're gonna be great!!!!

Rosalind said...

Congrats!!!