Monday, March 28, 2011

Oh, Babalu

I can officially say that I spent this entire weekend being entertained... with good food! Ya'll! It's a good thing that I live in little Meridian and not in Jackson with so many fabulous restaurants!!

LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO MY NEW LOVE:: Babalu



This restaurant opened back in December and is taking the Fondren area in Jackson by storm. It's located in the old Duling school that has now been renovated and turned into several restaurants, a salon, a few condos, etc. Babalu's Taco & Tapas didn't disappoint me- at all. The atmosphere is incredible with I Love Lucy episodes playing across the wall when you walk in, all the furniture having a distressed look and a tv in the restroom :)

Let's get to the food because that's what you really care about, right?!
oooo... GUACAMOLE! Yep, they make it at your table with the best tortilla chips, EVER! I'm not a guac eater, but this was some of the best stuff I've tried.


Here are two of the entrees that were chosen...


The Braised Beef Short Rib... DESLISH!!  The meat was super tasty and tender and the grits were so cheesy!  The perfect combo!


CARNE LA VACA TACOS...DELISH
Homemade tortillas with the best tastin' steak, pico, all kinds of different cheeses... is your mouth watering yet?  These were my favorite!
And of course, every table has to have dessert, right?!

Yep, Dulche de leche cheesecake...


and their famous Creme Brulee...

I can just tell you that it was so worth the trip and is reasonably priced!! I'll go again and again for sure! Go and see just how great Babalu really is!

6 comments:

The Hill Hangout said...

Looks like such a fun place! And the food looks heavenly! We'll have to check it out the next time we're in JAX.

Joy said...

Yep - now I'm hungry! Glad you had a great weekend!

Angela said...

We love Babalu....we're going Thursday!

Their cheese dip is fantastic too!

The Henrys said...

I'm so hungry looking at your pictures! I've heard great things about it and want to try it sometime. Did the tacos taste anything like our chicken tacos?

Abby said...

We didn't get any cheese dip... but we SOOOO wanted too! AMANDA! These put the dominican tacos to shame! These were actually edible and didn't cost 50 pesos ;)

Sylvia Grace said...

I will definitely have to try it out the next time I'm in Jackson! Thanks for sharing! :)