Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday...

to Dr. Seuss!!

Today is March 2nd, which means that kiddos all around the country are having a big ole birthday celebration for one of the greatest people EVER!! If you know me REALLY WELL, you know that I started collecting Dr. Seuss books when I was in my Junior and Senior years of college. I loved to make lesson plans using them as I was student teaching and if I ever gave my students the chance to choose which book they wanted me to read, they would almost always choose a Dr. Seuss book because they loved all the tongue twisters (and probably because a lot of them are really long and it put our Math lesson off just a little while longer). Ha!!


Here are the books I have so far:


Do you collect things?? Leave me a comment if you do-- I'd love to hear!

On a side note, I had an AMAZING weekend with some of my very favorite people in the whole world this weekend. I can't wait to show you pictures and tell you about the things that God revealed to me this weekend! Until then...

Photobucket

6 comments:

Angie Lu said...

One of my favorite books ever is "Green Eggs & Ham" as a parent and a salesperson it teaches us that with enough hard work we can convince anyone to do what we want. Brilliant and I also love the fact that Dr. Seuss and I were almost born on the same day - he is a Pices too! I think I will write a book on how to convince you to LOVE bandaids! and I love to collect teapots or tea cups! "I'm a little teapot short & stout here is my handle, this is my spout" LOL

Abby said...

ANGIE!!! I collect tea pots too. I was Mrs. Pott's in MLT's Beauty & the Beast a few years ago, so I got a lot of tea pots with floral arrangements in them!! I pick them up whenever I find some really cool ones :)

Sarah Beth said...

When cleaning out under our stairs in our new house, we found box after box of old children's books. Looking through those books, I realized we hit the Dr. Suess jack pot! We found about 5 or 6 Dr. Suess books that we did not already have! My kids love Dr. Suess and Mackenlee had a great time celebrating his birthday the other day at her school!

Jennie said...

I love you blog! I found you through Kellys Korner, and look foward to reading more! :)

Giving You the Best that I've Got said...

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish...Dr. Seuss is the best. He has the keys to our silly souls! It's hard to be serious as you read one of his books.

SweetMissMagnolia said...

I collect little Tinkerbell figurines,little shoes,beanie babies (although I haven't added to my collection in years),and recipes....Love dr seuss as an adult but as a kid,I didn't like his rhymes LOL I thought they were silly.But now that I'm a mom,I love reading dr seuss with my little boy.

Julie
Meridian,MS