Friday, March 5, 2010

Random...

It's the first of three gorgeous days that we were told to expect here in Meridian and I took full advantage of the weather and met some friends for lunch at Bonita Lakes today. Aren't you jealous of the view?? Beeee-u-ti-ful I tell ya!!This is the first weekend in a while that I don't have any formal plans and I'm just thrilled. I don't have anywhere to be, nothing to get up early for in the morning and the very thought of that is plain glorious. I plan to spend my day tomorrow just hanging out in the back yard with a new book I picked up... I know, I know... a book?? I NEVER read. Something's just gotten me on a kick lately and it probably won't last long.
On another note, my mom is slowly turning our guest room into a study. We have a couch and oversized chair that is covered in a brown fabric... just kind of plain jane. Nothing fancy, too contemporary... just a plan multi-tiny brown stripe. For the past few weekends, we've been to Lowes and she's bought several sample paint colors and we've put them on the wall. We have everything from avacodo green, to mustard seed, to chiminea, to khaki, to appletini... and we couldn't make up our mind. She bought a new rug last weekend while I was gone and I'm not so sure that I like it. So, I took it upon myself while I was in Jackson last Monday to pick out a rug so that we could choose the paint according to it's color scheme. Here's where you come in...
***
Rug #1
(and yes, before you ask, I'm the kind of girl that will lay an object out in the floor of a store to snap a quick picture and email it to get someone's opinion...)
***
Rug #2

***
Rug #3

Which one do you like??

These are just the little 3x5 accent rugs and ours will need to cover most of the floor space.

Here's a sneak peak of what my girls night will consist of tonight...


Reeses peanut butter cookies!!
Just pulled them out of the oven and am heading over to friends house for our girls night... which always consist of comfy clothes, curbside take-a-way from outback and a sweet dessert!! Good time!!
Happy weekend :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Joy said...

Ok - you asked for it so I'm going to give you my two cents.

Rug #1 - I think I love it! Now... my only suggestion is... if it's going to be a room where there is a lot of sun... I would go with this look. And I would paint the walls a green or peachy color.

Rug #2 - You know I love red! But I would only do this if the room is kinda dark - not a lot of windows, etc. Because it will brighten the room up. And I would paint the room a chocolate color.

Hey - you asked! LOL
Had a great time last night and I'm enjoying the peanut butter cup cookies for breakfast this morning! YUM-O!

Jennie said...

Rug #2! :) they're all pretty cute though