Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Loathe My Wavy Hair!!!!!!!!

Can I please tell you that one of the best things in life is going to the "beauty shop" and getting a good haircut. I look forward to that time the minute I schedule an appointment.

If you're one of my few faithful readers (ha!), you know that I'm going to Trinidad in May. TRINIDAD!!! Hot. Humid. NEAR THE EQUATOR. You get my drift?? I'm getting ready for some FRIZZ action with my head of hair.


I just sent my hairdresser a text and said for her to mentally prepare herself for what will be taking place at her station tomorrow. Not only am I going to get my final haircut before the summer (I basically live on the road from camps, to VBS, to day trips, etc... I'll be needing to pull this mess up!) but I want her to experiment with some products to see if I get these natural waves to turn into some curl. This having to wash, dry AND straighten every morning isn't going to cut it when I'm in 100 degree weather in a few weeks!!

If you have wavy hair, how do you get it to curl and STAY curled?? Photobucket

3 comments:

SweetMissMagnolia said...

funny thing my hair was straight as a board when I was growing up-I haven't had a perm in my hair since sr yr of high school and my hair is soooo wavy/curly now it's just not funny--most of the time I don't really bother with it-don't have the time or patience LOL I just usually either pull it back in a clippie or in a pony tail(usually have my hair about shoulder legnth)....now if I am wanting something special either I will do it or get my neice/hairdresser to blow it out with some kind of gel in it and brush it with a round brush-that usually does the trick for me-but I usually can't get it to do as good as she can LOL so I usually go with a pony tail....

Joy said...

I have a product you need to try. Call me and I'll give you the name of it. If your going to the cuttery - they have it!!

Sandra Hammon~ said...

I'd just love to feel sorry for you, but I can't. Unless I gel and spray mine, it's like brushing a head full of feathers! Nope, no sympathy here for having wavy thick hair.