Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Funday!

Happy Monday, Ya'll!! I hope that you're having a great day!!

Can I please tell you that I watched, um, maybe the last hour or so of the Oscars last night. I really don't ever watch because I don't know a lot of the movies that are nominated or haven't seen them, and absolutely don't care who won what award for best music, costume design, etc. However... did Sandra Bullock not look amazing and make you so proud for her win as best actress in a lead role?? She absolutely deserved this award and her speech was so sweet and heartfelt!!


And I'm not sure what the name of this Avatar lady star is, but her dress was my absolute favorite. Classy, yet fun!!

I'm in Clinton today in class and am driving home tonight to watch Molly & Jason get hitched tonight on the Bachelor wedding. I was totally disgusted when he broke up with his first pick, Melissa, on live TV and he and Molly decided that they'd try to make it work. Disgusted, I tell ya! But, I'm going to watch tonight... it's just too tempting!

On a totally different note, I've been following McMama's blog about her trip with Compassion to Kenya!! Oh. My. Word. The pictures are heartbreaking and so beautiful, all at the same time. There are a group of bloggers with her who all sponsor a child for $38 a month through Compassion and they've gotten the chance to meet their sponsored daughter. I'm not one to be too emotional, but every one of her posts tugs at my heart so much! The picture below is one that was taken when I was in the Dominican Republic last May. The Dominican is a third world country compared to the U.S. and Kenya is a third world country compared to the Dominican. I can't imagine. I've been praying for a while that God would use me to serve on a short term mission trip soon. I'm just waiting for an answer in His time...

Photobucket

2 comments:

Joy said...

The wedding was beautiful! And I think I really liked the song she walked down to... what do you think?

Abby said...

yeah, um, but i can't play a ukelele!! haha :)