Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Something BLU

I have a small little obsession with this new line of girly stuff called BLU GERTRUDE.  It originated in Jackson through Courtney Yancey and friends.  Courtney's husband, Lee, was the youth minister at FBCM for several years, is currently a Senator for MS and is running for State Treasurer!  Anyway, if you talk to anyone in Meridian, they can tell you that Courtney is brilliant when it comes to being artsy!!  She takes trash and turns it into treasure.  She's had her hands in almost every type of art in Jackson since they moved there.  When we became facebook friends, I noticed this new little line of headbands that she was making and her business had such a catchy name.  I've been waiting on some to come through Meridian.  And boy did it.  Today.  Like, I was buying as it was being unpacked from a suitcase :)

Courtney is the mastermind behind all of this.  She designs and lays out the look of all of the pieces and then someone comes behind her and sews.  How fun would this job be?! 

Not only does Blu Gertrude consists of a line of headbands, they make cuffs,


Baby Bands

Guitar & Camera Straps


Earrings...


and their wedding line...


So this stuff has taken the city of Jackson by storm!  Migis, Gingersnaps and several other stores carry all of their products.  Well... I FINALLY got my hands on some today and can't wait for my hair to get a little longer for a cute little ponytail so that  I can sport this...


My new headband...
and my new key fob!

I'm pretty much not scared to try anything once.  So... we'll see how this goes!  But regardless of how it looks on me, you MUST find you some Blu products for your life!!

Sidenote* I asked for a piece of this for my birthday/ valentines, but I didn't get any.  So I mentioned something about it a while back and my mama said, "Oh... I looked all over the place for some Blu Elenor!" ha!!  No wonder I'm just now getting some for myself!  Be sure to ask for Blu GERTRUDE!!

1 comment:

Joy said...

I just posted a link to your blog from today's post. Kademi in Philadelphia is selling stuff from her line. I LOVED IT! I feel a bracelet purchase coming, soon! =)