Saturday, April 2, 2011

Just so you know...

I think I've done a darn good job here lately of giving you some random things to read about (cough, cough, REBEKAH!!)  So... I couldn't let a beautiful, FUN weekend happen without updating you-- and I really didn't want to break my stride :)  So there are just a few things we need to catch up now, huh?!

FIRST AND FOREMOST!!  Y'ALL!!!  Grey's Anatomy?!  What in the world were they thinking?  I went to play practice for all of 10 minutes and was told I didn't have to stay so I was able to watch the new episode.  But, um, when did Grey's turn into a musical?!  The story line was great, but it would've been much better if they would've gotten those mediocre singers to just act!!  If the purpose was to get people buzzing about the show, then kudos.  That's all I've been hearing about for a few days.  I just wasn't that impressed.  But, I will admit that I downloaded Callie O'Malley's (or whatever her name on the show is now) version of "The Story" on iTunes because I thought it was pretty good!!


Yesterday I spent my day giving back to the local schools.  I was asked to judge the "PSE Math Olympics" all morning yesterday.  Oh what fun!  There were all of these tents set up with games such as "Bubble Mania, Build It, Spin a Yarn, Suitcase Relay, Hamburger Hut, and tons of other stuff.  These fifth graders were divided up into teams and had to compete against each other in these math centered games.  I was in charge of judging "Spin a Yarn" The students had to take 9 meters of yarn, and make 8 different geometric shapes.  They received points for teamwork (everyone's hands had to be on the yarn at all times), and they received 2 points for every shape that made correctly.  They had to make easy shapes like squares and really difficult shapes like a triangular pyramid-- that's a 3-D object, folks!  I was super impressed with the whole morning! 




After I finished at PSE, I went out to Clarkdale to speak to their Bible Club during lunch.  Such a great group of kiddos!  I enjoyed it so much!


Saturday I had the BEST intentions of making a day in my hometown and supporting the arts at the Three Foot arts festival.  I spent all of 45 minutes downtown.  I was totally disappointed.  They had a ton of things for kids to particpate in, and lots of food, but the number of pottery, jewelry, art, and other odds and ends booths were incredibly low.  I didn't buy a thing- and that's just not like me!  I was just envisioning "art in the park" all over again- with so many vendors and booths that you could spend days shopping and looking.  I'm heading to Fairhope next year for their big arts festival, hopefully.  I hear it's absolutely incredible!!!

I did see Amanda though...

and I saw this precious sight too...



Tonight I'm heading to Diamond Jims in Livingston for dinner and celebrating!!  My tastebuds can hardly wait! 

Tomorrow I'll be leading music and singing at FBCM.  If you don't have a church to attend or you would like to tune in on channel 6 @ 10:30, please do!  Go and find a place to worship tomorrow!

2 comments:

Rosalind said...

yeah, I didn't get the Grey's musical at all. I think they should have left all the singing to Callie.

Rebekah said...

Cough Cough I am very proud of you I've been meaning to tell you!