Monday, April 18, 2011

The Kitchen Stuff...

A few weeks ago, my family from Birmingham brought my housewarming gift to me-- Some much needed pots and pans!!  I've been so busy that I've yet to cook a meal.  But this past Saturday night, I put the pots and pans to the test!
Saturday nights menu consisted of Boiled Shrimp and Potatoes!  So YUMMO! 
And for dessert?!  RED VELVET CAKE BALLS!  I got the recipe from my blogger friend Kelly, and now I know what all of the rave was about!! 
The thing that I didn't think about was this... 

Yep, red velvet cake turns everything red.  My hands, my clothes, my countertops... there was red EVERYWHERE!! But the end result was so worth it!

Yesterday, our church had a spring fling.  This was a big church picnic, BBQ, Easter egg hunt, petting zoo and an appearance from the Easter bunny, too!!  It was a great day and it was so much fun for all of our kids and their families!!


And today, well I'm just so thankful for best friends and time out of our busy schedules to catch up!!  There are parts of the city of Clinton that are a mess from the bad weather last Friday, but that didn't keep me and Britt from getting together and enjoying a much needed hour of girl talk and pimiento and cheese!! 

No comments: