Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter

The big weekend is here.  The weekend that most women are preparing and cleaning their homes, and cooking big meals for Sunday lunch.  The weekend where people are frantically running around trying to finish getting shoes and accessories for their Easter frocks.  The weekend where children are waiting to dye eggs and go on egg hunts and turn into bed early so they can rise and see what the Easter Bunny has filled their baskets with.  It's also the weekend where Jesus was crucified and buried in the tomb only to rise on Easter morning and give us a new hope- a new life.  For most, Easter gets hectic.  We worry about what the Easter menu is made up of and whether or not we're following the traditions that are there every year, wether we're dressed in the right fashion trend, what the children can wear to outdress everyone else in their sunday school class and what we can put in the Easter baskets to out-do last year's gifts.  It gets crazy!!  I'll admit it- I love Easter and the craziness.  But take a look at this video.  This was on CBS last night and I missed it.  But it gave me chills.  It reminded me of how great our God really is.  Reminded me of the promise of Easter and gave me a few minutes to just reflect on what Easter means to me as a Christian.  Just take a few minutes- you won't regret it.

Oh to be able to have that talent and sing like that girl!! She's phenomenal! 

This time last year, we were preparing to see my childhood friend, Abby H., get hitched!! My how fast things can happen in a year.  Since last April, one of the friends in this picture is engaged, one has lost her father to his battle with cancer, one has moved even farther away in Texas, one is one year closer to graduating in the Master's program (stike the music and hear the angels sing... that's me, that's me)!  Ha!!  I loved singing in this wedding and getting back together with all of my friends from high school!  Happy FIRST anniversary to you and Robert, Abby H.  I hope ya'll are having a great time celebrating in NYC!! 

I hope that you and your family all have a wonderful day tomorrow as we celebrate our Risen Savior! 

1 comment:

Joy said...

You've been awarded with the Versatile Blogger Award.
http://joy-southernsocialite.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

This is to help you get more followers, because you deserve to have more people reading this!!