Monday, August 31, 2009

Beautiful Flowers

My mom, grandmother and grandfather placed flowers in the church in my honor on Sunday.
They were BEAUTIFUL!! So bright, funky and creative... just the way I like things :) Yes, if you look closely, you'll see the top of a pineapple...These are called "ornamental pineapples." Apparently, they ship in on a stem, already colored, and the arranger cuts them from the stem and can use them in arrangements! How cool is that??

I walked into the sanctuary on Sunday and commented on how gorgeous the flowers were. Everyone agreed with me. I went upstairs in the balcony to the sound booth to type in a few announcements for worship and our Minister of Music said, "Your flowers really are pretty." I said, "Who's flowers? I don't have any flowers" to which he quickly replied, "You need to read the order of worship-- they're in your honor." I was totally surprised.

Thanks so much mom, grannie and grandaddy! You made my Sunday so special!! The flowers were absolutely beautiful!! I love you so much!

No comments: