Friday, September 11, 2009

B.B. King & Recovery

Last Thursday night, I went to see B.B. King at the MSU Riley Center... go ahead, get jealous!! He was amazing!! I love music of any kind... Christian, rock, pop, blues, broadway, gospel, country, you name it- I like it! It's hard for me to believe that B.B. will be 84 this month and is still going strong. Not only is he super talented, he's incredibly funny, too! Unfortunately, the day after B.B. King turned into the beginning of a very long week. I woke up Friday morning, in excrutiating pain but had a few things I needed to tend to at the office. Around noon, I tried to get out of my office chair, but couldn't!! I knew something was terribly wrong. I went straight to my family practice doctor that afternoon, who took xrays, told me he thought I had a herniated disk, and sent me home with pain meds. I was scheduled for an MRI on Thursday, but after 2 days of being at home, decided that I had to get help sooner than Thursday. I went to the ER around 4 on Sunday afternoon at Anderson's and was FINALLY admitted after laying on a hard stretcher for over 7 hours!! I was so ill!! I had an MRI on Tuesday and met with my neurosurgeon who definitely said I had a herniated/bulging disk. He gave me several options. I chose surgery because that was the only way I was going to have TOTAL relief! So, yesterday, I went off to surgery and came out of surgery like a brand new lady! I have several restrictions but all in all, I am pain free and couldn't be happier at home! Thanks for all of your love, prayer, support, encouragement and get well happies over the last few days. So many of you came and called the hospital and sent me everything from flowers, to jewelry, plants, new pj's, magazines, good food, and creative cards!! How grateful I am for each one of you! Above all, I am so thankful that God gave so many people the wisdom and knowledge to become physicians and surgeons and heal people with problems. I told my Doctor this morning, "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you," and he replied, "Hey, I was just the messenger!" I told him that I thanked God for that very reason last night!

1 comment:

KSH said...

oh yeah! so glad you are home and feeling better and what an awesome testimony about doctor thanks for sharing and feel better soon love you and miss you tell g and l and sf hello