Sunday, September 13, 2009

Recovery Day 2= a lot of soreness :(

sweet Lucy was happy that her sissy was home :)

I think I might've taken the dr's "the quicker you get up and get moving, the better you'll feel advice" a little too quickly. I tried to get up and do a lot the day I came home, but definitely paid for it yesterday. Oh, well! It'll go away soon-- I hope :)


Tonight, my mom cooked for us. Pork tenderloin, pyramid potatoes, ceasar salad and rolls were on the menu. My grandmother and great aunt joined us for dinner. Two weeks ago, my great aunt had eye surgery, so it's been nothing but hospital stays and recovery periods for our family over the past few weeks. When I woke up from surgery on Thursday, I quickly moaned to my mom, "Mom, I just want a piece of birthday cake." She said, "I think you deserve a really big birthday cake." If you know me- even the slightest bit- you know that my absolute favorite food is a piece of birthday cake, be it a cake from the grocery store or a Carolyn Wilkinson birthday cake. I LOVE IT!! So, as part of our celebration tonight, my mom and grannie got me and GP (great aunt) a cake!!



I guess I need to explain the cake!!! It's a known fact in my family that my mom and great aunt are more alike than anyone else. They are quick to put you in your place when you say something wrong but they also are very quick to take care of problems-- anything from making a list and marking things off to addressing bad service in a store or restaurant (in a nice way, though), to just tending to problems around their home or in their life. Well... last Sunday, as I laid in the hospital for 7 1/2 hours, I didn't act very nicely. As a matter of fact, my mom kept saying, "Abby, you're not acting like a staff member of FBC." There, I'm not always nice! Anyway, I even went as far as saying something like, "Mom, do you hear that girl talking out in the hallway?? I can't see her- don't know what she looks like-- but I can't stand the sound of her voice and I really don't like her." I was being really ugly... CAN'T BELIEVE IT! Well, my mom was telling my cousin about it and she said, "Well, I guess we've found the third pea in the pod." So, I guess now I'm officially in the pod! :) Glad we're all well.
One of the highlights to being sick is receiving mail everyday. My mailbox has been overflowing and I've LOVED reading from all of you. Some of you have gone as far as getting your church to send me prayer cards. It's nice to know that people I don't yet personally know are praying for my recovery. The 1st & 2nd graders at my church made this poster-sized card for me. One of the best sayings on the card was..."I hope you feel better- Leighton."
and I just loved how they drew me and were sweet enough to give me THREE teeth :) They're REAL cute!

Thanks for all of my cards and prayers!! I appreciate ya'll thinking of me during these rough days I've gone through.

1 comment:

Harper Anne Miller said...

Abby,
I am so glad you are feeling better and can't wait till you are back in full swing. We love you.
Love Always,
Erin, Chad, & Harper Anne