Tuesday, September 29, 2009

SYATP

I LOVE my new responsibilities in the youth ministry at church. One of the things that I love is that my students invite me to their schools to speak. Last Wednesday was See You At The Pole day around the country- a day where students all gather around the flagpoles at their school and pray for each other, their teachers and the organizations of their school. I had the honor of speaking at Lamar High School. I was going to give a brief devotional on the SYATP passage and sing a song, so I asked my friend, Ben, to come along and play his guitar and help lead in worship. Right after I gave my devotional, I invited everyone to begin singing, and it started POURING!! It had been raining the whole week prior, but we hought we were in the clear because the sun was shining slightly. We stood and sang in the rain, then had to move prayer time under the awning of the school. There were about 50 people in all, gathered hand in hand, praying for each other. That night, the LBA association held a Saw You At The Pole Rally for a time of reflection and almost 600 students participated that night!!

Me, Ben & some of the FBC students that go to Lamar.

No comments: