Sunday, August 9, 2009

Exciting Stuff!!

I spent my weekend on a back to school retreat with the FBC youth at Twin Lakes in Florence, MS. We had so much fun getting to know all of the new 7th graders and spending time with each other before everyone has to get back on a regular school schedule. The Tony Staires Band came and led in worship for us and Lee Yancey was the speaker for the weekend.
My cabin mates for the weekend-- Hayley, Katherine, Hannah, Sophie, Anne Morgan & Marilyn

The back to school retreat-ers... minus me, Kristina and Kristen

My favorite picture of the weekend... Garrison-- you free falling from the top of the rock wall was perhaps the BEST part of the weekend!! Thanks for the laughs!

Me and K Hill!
Just a little rock wall climbing!

Jeremy & Kristen

Ben, Reed & Chris

When I left the retreat, I drove on over to Clinton and spent the afternoon with my friend Kristen. Kristen provided a wing (yes, you heard that correctly) of her home to me on Sunday nights last semester when I was traveling over for school. She's been in Belgium for a month and I enjoyed getting to catch up with her!


There's also a little something else I need to fill you in on... My lips have been sealed since June, but I have been nominated by the Youth Pastor Search Committee at FBC Meridian to take over Youth responsibilites FOR GOOD! I've been praying about the decision for a while and have been talking back and forth with the committee for weeks. The announcement was made this morning in church and it felt so good to be able to talk about the possibility OUT LOUD!! It's been so hard trying to keep it hush hush! Please be in prayer for me over the next few weeks during this transition. Next Sunday night, there will be a special called business meeting. I will be presented and asked to give my testimony. A brief question and answer time will be held, and the church "vote" will take place immediately after. I have so many emotions but I am truly thrilled that God has placed this on my heart, but so anxious/nervous about the next few months as all of this becomes real. I know that God won't give me anything I can't handle and I am confident that He will equip me with all of the tools I need to serve Him and do His work.

No comments: