Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A little bit of Randomness...

There have been many summers in my time when I've felt as if I had wasted 2 months of my life. There have also been times when I look at my calendar beginning in May and wonder how I'm going to get it all done by August. This summer started that way, but ended up being the BEST summer I thinnk I've ever had. I watched 2 of my best friends get married, traveled out of the country on my first mission trip, directed my first VBS, took my first youth group to FUGE, watched my little baby cousin experience several heart procedures and rejoiced in the fact that she is now healed, met new friends and spent time with old ones, totaled my car, bought a new car, became a minister to students & children, and much more! My summer was jam packed but I enjoyed EVERY minute of it!


I wrapped up my summer last week with a vacation to the beach. I didn't do much but eat, sleep, read & shop! One of the days was pretty rainy, so we went to see Julie & Julia-- PHENOMENAL! Such a good story! We ate at Cobalt, Ginny Lane, Villagio- just to name a few. It was such a great feeling being able to do absolutely NOTHING. The night before we left, I went to eat Chinese-- here was my fortune:
How appropriate :)


One night, we went to Villagio for dessert and I ordered carrot cake... I had no clue it was 7 layers... but OH, SO SCRUMPTIOUS!

Monday, I reported to MC for class but then celebrated my new job with two of my friends who live in Jackson now. We grew up in church together and always enjoy each other's company. We dined at Keifer's and then ended up going back to Lauren's apartment for a tour. These girls are precious to me!

A nice lady at Keifer's took this picture for us, but none of us were really fond of it... so we did the one below Lauren's apartment

I came home this morning from Jackson to find 2 surprises at the office...

a beautfiful plant!

The 2nd surprise was this note! It was stuck on my office door this morning from Mrs. Pat. She's a 3rd & 4th grade Sunday School Teacher in my department and one of the funniest, most dedicated, Christ lovin' women you'll ever meet!

I came home from work this afternoon and decided to tackle my closet! It was OUT OF CONTROL!

Before Pictures:


AFTER:

i wear waaayyy to many bland clothes... too many blacks and browns!

It looks so much better and I definitely feel better!!

No comments: