Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snowy Birthday...

I am a valentine baby! I celebrate BIG every year during my special week!! However, my "24th" birthday week was a little extra special because of this... Yep!! Believe it. It's snow!!! The meterologists have been saying that we'd get snow for the past few months, but they hit the nail on the head this time with almost 3'' of snow by 10:00 a.m.
My dogs didn't really like the snow at first, and Lucy, well she pretty much is always camera shy!
Even though the snow was beautiful, I have to admit that I was a little bummed out because some of my friends were giving me a birthday dinner that night. I just thought it was going to be cancelled. Everyone was talking about dangerous driving conditions due to the ice on the ground and I just didn't want to even think about totaling another car after my horrible wreck back in July.

The hostess, my sweet friend Joy, decided that we just needed to go ahead and celebrate and that the snow would make it a little more special!!
and so we did.... with sweet, sweet friends

and FABULOUS cake!!

On Sunday night, my sweet youth family wanted to celebrate with a little MEXICAN!!

The picture below is horrible in quality, but these are some of my favorite people on the planet!! I am so blessed to be surrounded by these people and call it MY JOB!

So, what was my big birthday gift this year you ask?? Well... my family is sending me here!!

To the Ross Bridge Resort and Spa in Birmingham... I am in MAJOR need of a day of pampering!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Joy said...

You are going to LOVE Ross Bridge. It's a modern day castle and your going to be treated like a queen when you arrive! I can't wait to hear all about the trip!!

Angie Lu said...

Wow Abby - I am so jealous of all the fun birthday fun you had - cannot wait to hear how the birthday gift trip turns out.

Harry Mayer Clothiers said...

Abby I ran across your blog a few months ago and I absolutely love it!! Happy late birthday!! I hope you had a wonderful day!! And have fun at Ross Bridge, I've never been to their spa but Ross Bridge is amazing in and of itself!!