Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving!

I mentioned in my last post how addicted to pinterest I am.  This is another little project I did this week after I saw a smaller example done on a pinboard.  I have been needing something to hang above the big blank wall over my tv and I'm in love with the way this turned out!  It's such a good reminder and prayer for me every single day! 


Oh, yes.  That's the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I've always watched it since I was a little girl.  My favorite part is watching the Radio City Rockettes because I've always wanted to see them live and the parade is the closest I've gotten so far!

Speaking of Thanksgiving, it's TODAY!!  Ya'll I'll be honest.  I have SO much to be thankful for!  This has been a really big year for me- from moving out and learning to be totally independent, which I am thoroughly enjoying by the way, being able to see another cousin come into the world, and waiting for God to reveal His plans for me for tomorrow and the days ahead, I continue to have blessings to be thankful for.  I'm pretty sure that as you get older, you realize just how much your faith means to you.  I KNOW that God's plans are better than ours and that he places certain people in your life and little treasures along our paths every single day to slowly but surely reveal His next big thing for us.  There are days that my type A personality struggles with that, and other days when I'm just thankful that He knows the plans even if I don't!  

I'm thankful for my family and friends.  Yes, they're all in the same category because my friends are my family!  My immediate and extended family are some of the funniest people you'll ever meet and I'm pretty sure that you say that about your family too!  We have family members that can hold their own that you DON'T want to cross and some that have their very own way of thinking about things, but I love them regardless.  The holidays are always funny because you just never can predict what's going to go on!  And my friends- oh sweetness.  They are precious.  I have a few that live here, but the majority are now living out of town.  I miss them so much and can't stand that we're so far away from each other (It's just an hour and a half to Jackson and Tuscaloosa, but it's seems like 23959 miles away).  I LOVE the time we do get to spend together and I never want it to end.  

My health- yes, I'm a healthy as can be for the most part!  I can think of people today that aren't in good health because of the cards they've been dealt and some of them for the choices they've made.  Just since  yesterday I know of two families that are going through a lot of stress this weekend.  One family lost a husband/father/grandfather after he walked in from playing 9 holes of golf and had a heart attack.  The other is a friend of mine that had to have a serious test done and won't find out the results until next Wednesday.  All over facebook, there are people mentioning trips to the ER, and all kinds of illness that's going on today.  So I hope that you are grateful for every breath you take.  That's something none of us need to take for granted.  

I know that you're all thankful for plenty of things in your life.  Don't forget today and the days ahead to thank the big man above for the ways that He works in your life day after day!  Remember that God fights for your attention because He just wants to spend time with you.  Make time for Him and give Him all of the glory for what he Has done and will continue to do in your life!  Happy Thanksgiving Friends!  Love you!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I LOVE the wall art above your tv! Looks great! :)