Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Knot Prayer

I ran across this today and thought we might all be able to focus on this in our prayer life:

"Dear God,
Please untie the knots
that are in my mind,
my heart and my life. 
Remove the have nots,
the can nots and the do nots
that I have in my mind.

Erase the will nots,
may nots,
might nots that may find
a home in my heart.

Release me from the could nots,
would nots and
should nots that obstruct my life.

And most of all,
Dear God,
I ask that you remove from my mind,
my heart and my life all of the 'am nots'
that I have allowed to hold me back,
especially the thought
that I am not good enough."

Amen.

1 comment:

Manda said...

Abby,

I wanted to thank you for this post. I'm printing this out and keeping it in my office at work. It was exactly what I needed to see today. Thank you!

<3
Manda