Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Surprise of a Lifetime...

Oh my goodness! This past week has been one of the most special weeks of my life. I absolutely LOVE to celebrate birthdays... family birthdays, friend birthdays, kiddos at FBC birthdays and especially mine :) I usually tend to celebrate all week long!! That's just what I did last week! I spent Monday night in Jackson with a friend and we went to dinner and celebrated. Tuesday night after bible study, we went to El Norte and I got serenaded by the waiters... sombrero and all! Wednesday and Thursday I enjoyed lunch and/or dinner with friends and then Friday, one of the ladies at the office brought me a white chocolate cheesecake and the minister of music made me a black bottom southern pecan cheesecake pie!

On Saturday morning, a friend of mine called to say that she wanted to take me to get a pedicure in honor of birthday and then take me to lunch! I was really excited because I was definitely looking forward to girl time. We had to run by the church because Kristen's husband was supposedly playing basketball and her purse was in his truck. When we got to the church to get it, I opened the door to the gym and there were a ton of my kiddos from the preschool and children's ministry and all of their parents yelling "Surprise!!" My party was absolutely a complete surpise! I was thrilled.

Perhaps the BEST surprise of the whole day was that my BEST FRIEND in the whole world surprised me! She was in town and my mom had arranged for her to come and see me! Lauren and her fiance are the two pictured above! I cried when I saw her! Thanks you two for making my day even more special... and thanks so much Mom for helping make this day happen! You are definitely my biggest fan and I love you more than you'll ever know!

I always have my camera handy... and had I known that there would be a great photo op in the gym, I definitely would have taken my camera. I don't have all of the pictures from my party yet but I did manage to get a photo of my birthday cake!

There were so many people involved in making my party a complete surprise! There's no way that I can ever thank all of you individually, but please know that I count it a complete honor to work with such a loving church family! You all do so much for me and I really appreciate all of you!

1 comment:

KSH said...

oh that is awesome Abby
glad you had a great day and week
We have a gift for you love ya