Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Maw Maw Hensley Would Be Proud!!


My great grandmother was named Addie Mae Hensley. She was such a precious woman. I remember spending my summers with her! She would always order my favorite girl scout cookies (Thin Mints), let me sit in her rocking chair where the wood was worn because she rocked constantly, and all credit is given to her because she introduced me to country music television (CMT) and I would sing and perform in her living room for hours. She always ate lunch at 12 o'clock on the dot, not a minute earlier or later and she would eat cucumbers, onions and tomatoes, EVERYDAY!! Maw Maw Hensley died when I was young and I only remember these certain things about her, but apparently she could make a strawberry cake that would put Paula Dean to shame.

A few years ago, my mom ran across Maw Maw Hensley's recipe for her famous cake. She decided that she wanted to try her hand and see if she could even come close to Maw Maw Hensley's. SHE DID!! Her cake is WONDERFUL!! It's a 3-layer strawberry cake with HOMEMADE icing and real strawberries. It's supposed to be served right out of the refrigerator and that makes it even better!! She's thinking about beginning to sell them! Any takers?? She made a cake for me to take to my bible study a few weeks ago and it's been in high demand ever since! I defintely think that my mom made Maw Maw Hensley proud!!

3 comments:

KSH said...

First witness, and would be first buyer if we were still on grandview
It is delicious! Sandra Faye ... Paula Dean kinda catchy. Go for it they are delicious

Anonymous said...

I would definately buy one... although I think since I'm family I should be gifted one or something.... Hmm.. What a great Christmas present that would be!!

Sarah Beth said...

that cake looks delicious!