Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Rainy Weekend with a Sunshine End!!

Friday night, I sat in the nasty rain at the Lamar Homecoming game to see my beautiful cousin, Jamey. This was her very first year to be in the homecoming court and she won the vote to be the "football maid." Jamey and Me

On Saturday, I spent the morning at a funeral in the pouring down rain... you know, the kind of rain that blows underneath the umbrella so there's NO chance you're going to be dry!! After the funeral, I went shopping and I've diagnosed myself with an addiction. Gosh, ya'll...in the past week, I've bought six, 6, yes, I SAID SIX new shirts! What's wrong with me?? I've got to stop it!

Saturday night, a friend and I took dinner over to Josh & Peggy's house so that we could visit with them and see the newest addition to their family, Miss Madeline Gray Davis, and enjoyed a homecooked meal!! It was scrumptious, even if I did cook half of it! The menu? Poppyseed Chicken, green bean bundles, a pineapple dish, Sister Schubert rolls (my favorite) and a beautfiul chocolate pie. It was SOO good.

The day "Maddie Gray" came into our world!!

After a bath: she finally found her thumb!!

My grandmother cooked Sunday lunch for the family and I am still sick becuase I ate so much. Her kitchen was covered in mounds of fried chicken (she fried it), chicken and dumplings, rice and gravy, cream potatoes, butter beans, peas, cornbread, rolls, and my mom's WONDERFUL 3-layer strawberry cake (homemade icing and everything!)

Needless to say, my drive over to Clinton on Sunday night was absolutely MISERABLE and I just had a sick feeling the rest of the day!!

No comments: