Thursday, October 30, 2008

I've been tagged!!!

I have been "tagged" by my old neighbor and sweet friend, Kelly Hall. I'm supposed to tell you faithful readers (yeah, right!) seven random or weird things about myself...and then tag seven of you to do the same on your blog. so...here goes...
1. I really have a hang-up when it comes to chocolate and peanut butter. I can't get enough of Reeses candy (my absolute favorite), peanut butter M&M's, or my new found love, peanut butter and chocolate bars from Cater's Market. As a matter of fact, church members were bringing in candy last week for the hayride, and I had to take out all of the Reeses because of the peanut allergies we have in the children's ministry. Sad, I know...I put them in my stash in my office and have treated myself almost everyday. It is Halloween week ya know...we're SUPPOSED to eat lots of candy!!
2. I have NEVER been to a MSU football game. Yes, I know! TRAGIC!! I guess growing up as an only child, and being a girly girl at that, it was just never something I got the chance to do. I am a graduate of MSU, but I went to the branch in Meridian...so it wasn't like I could just walk across campus and go! Maybe I can get that problem fixed soon!
3. I have had the same cell phone number since the 8th grade...and it spells my name!!! I got my first cell phone for christmas and my mom thought it would be super cool to have a neat number so she had it arranged where the last 4 digits spell out my last name!!
4. I HATE bandaids. Yesterday, I went to get a flu shot and I begged the nurse not to put a bandaid on my because I might throw up! I know...I'm weird! It's really strange that I work with kids and see bandaids all the time, but I just don't like putting them on or looking at them!! When I was student teaching, a little girl named, Jakyra, came to me with a scraped elbow and I couldn't help her out because a bandaid was involved!!
5. I love to keep letters that people have written me. I have every birthday, get well soon, good job, thank you card, etc., that I've kept in a box over the last three or four years. As a matter of fact, the bulletin board in my office is covered with them. I haven't always done this, but it has just become important to me over the past several years. I go through them occasionally because they ALWAYS make me smile!
6. I LOVE to travel, but can't stand riding in the car for more than 2 hrs. We went to the mountains last year for Thanksgiving and it almost killed me. I would rather fly to Atlanta than have to drive. It's a standing joke at FBC when I send out the summer schedule for the kids in the summer...Dr. Leake (our pastor) always says, "One things certain, the kids WON'T be traveling any further than Birmingham..."
7. It is an ABSOLUTE MUST that I make my bed every morning before I leave my house. If my bed is unmade, I just feel nasty for the rest of the day! It's weird...just a hang-up I guess.
So there's a few weird things about myself!! I'm passing this along to:
1. Julie Culpepper
2. Amanda Henry
3. Ashley Hill
4. Lindsey Swift
5. Jonda Henry
6. Sarah Beth Snowden
7. Rosemary Piedmont
Have fun girls!

2 comments:

KSH said...

thanks for playing enjoyed all of your oddies. have a happy halloween

The Hill Hangout said...

I know I haven't met my obligation to post my 7 things. I'm really trying! After my 100 things post, I just can't think of 7 more! :)