Monday, November 2, 2009

One Big Long Post...

It's been a long time since I posted. I used to think I would have something to say EVERYDAY, but things have been very busy... and it doesn't look like it's slacking up anytime soon!

Last Sunday, most of my youth went out to Chunk to the camphouse and had a Halloween Happenin' full of good food, fun games, and just a lot of fun!! They had to dress up in an animated character costume. We had everything from Popeye and Olive Oil, Pebbles, Wilma, Batwoman, Piglet, Winnie the Pooh...

and Blair and I went as Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss!!

We had SO MUCH FUN!! This week was going to be JAM PACKED for me, but I was READY!! After my youth event on Sunday, I had another fall festival planned for the Wesley House. I've been going and helping some people from my church lead a Tuesday night Bible Study there for school aged kids and we have the BEST time. Those kids are precious and I just want to adopt each one of them!! A few weeks ago, we met and Walt brought ROCK BAND... they had never gotten the chance to play and they loved it! The weather was just plain nasty last Tuesday, so we had to reschedule the event. They are looking forward to it!

one of the girls had never gotten to play with an iPhone so I let her take pictures with mine! and this little cutie showed up at my front door on Halloween night for trick-or-treating!!

On Thursday night, Frank Eddins and I entertained at the Center for Pregnancy Choices Banquet in Meridian. Dr. Alveda King (Martin Luther King, Jr.'s niece) was the speaker and has an incredible testimony. I got to meet her after and she was really sweet!!

Kristen and me at the banquet

These girls are in my Sunday School class: Anna, Ashley and Kristen! Such sweet friends!

...and then it was HALLOWEEN!! What a day, what a day!! The Preschool/Children's Hayride was scheduled to be outside, but because of all the nasty weather, we had to move it indoors to the FBC gym. It was so much fun getting to see all the cute kiddos in their costumes!!


Me, Melinda, Julie & Leigh Me and Festive Julie

After the Hayride, my mom hosted a little Halloween get-together at our house for the family. Harper Anne arrived as a pumpkin to do a little trick-or-treating!

A complete doll!

My grannie Poe and Grannie

Erin and Harper

and of course, the Hostess with the mostess, my MOM!

One night last week I came home from a busy day to find this:

Lucy just totally helped herself to my bed!! She thinks she a queen for sure!

No comments: