Friday, July 11, 2008

A New Adventure

A while back, I started developing a hobby for painting canvases. I would give them as gifts and people started asking me to paint things for money. I really did enjoy painting...it was pretty much a stress reliever!! However, I entered the world of my junior and senior year in college and could barely keep my head above water trying to student teach, work, stay involved in church, carry on a social life, try to be a responsible adult and make time to paint. I painted a baby canvas last week for a friends sister-in-law and decided to put the hobby away. It was too time consuming. Well, that's what I decided last week until I received a phone call from a local florist yesterday that wanted to hire me to paint picture canvases for them to sell for Mississippi's Junior Miss gifts. I couldn't turn down the offer. So, after my exhausting day with the kids in Gulfport, I ran home and got the paint and brushes out and began painting away. What do you think??


No comments: