Tuesday, October 19, 2010

CANTON!!!

Most people would look at this picture and think that it's pure madness. Welcome to Canton! I can't stand to get hot or to be dirty, but there are two days a year when I dont' mind it at all. Canton is held the second Thursday in May and in October. The May market is pretty hot, but the October one is usually perfect!!


The picture above is only about 1/4th of the people. Canton stretches out a few miles... up both sides of the street, around the square, and down a whole other side! It's MADNESS!



I bought a few wedding and christmas gifts, but I also came home with two fabulous finds for myself!!
I had been in Turkoyz in Jackson a few weeks ago and found these really cool hammered charms that I wanted for a necklace that I have. You could choose from copper, silver or gold, shiny or matte finish, and then you could have them personalized. I wanted a copper teardrop, with my name! I recently told my mom to add that to my Christmas wishlist.
I randomly walked up to this booth and said, "Oh, mom, these are the charms I was talking about." The lady quickly told me that she hammered the jewelry for Turkoyz. She had a plate at her booth with some charms that she was trying to sell because they already had names on them. I loosely went through the charms and came across... YOU GUESSED IT!! A copper teardrop with my name (spelled correctly, too!) already hammered in!! I couldn't believe it. It was meant to be for sure!! I purchased that baby and have worn it proudly since!! Mom... scratch that item off the wishlist :)
I also went to another booth that had some artwork and bought my very first oil painting. This lady did FABULOUS work. She had every kind of canvas you can imagine, but her specialty was dogs. You can even send her a picture of your pup and she'll paint it for you!! I love me bulldog and it's sitting in my office... with my cowbell :)
If you've never been to Canton, you so should try and go!! Some of the stuff I don't even look at, but I love going to see all of the cool and creative things people are selling!! Can't wait until May!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Joy said...

I have never been - but WILL go one day! They have those "bulldog" paintings at The Potting Shed if you decide you want to buy more1 =)