Friday, August 27, 2010

FALL FAVORITES

I'm thrilled that fall is right around the corner! I'm even more thrilled that the temperatures have been much cooler this week and I can get to work with my hair in place and instead of it being a big frizz mop!


Fall means several things to me.


It means that I'll be starting my third year of graduate school @ NOBTS. It means that I'll spend several nights of the month watching Friday Night Football. Yep, I'll be watching some of my students at Meridian High, Northeast High, Clarkdale, West Lauderdale, Lamar, Russell, and Southeast play in the band on the field or cheer! If you see me there, be sure and say hello!


It also means that I'll be rooting for the Mississippi State Bulldogs!! I'm a bulldog fan, I've just never been to ole Davis Wade Stadium to cheer on the dawgs! It's not right, I know! Anyway, Il'l be ringing my cowbell sometime this year I'm pretty sure!


Did I mention that I know pretty much nothing about football?! I know when a touchdown is made, and I know what an interference is, and I'm learning about those false starts and those penalty flags... but I have a long way to go I'm afraid! I've never thought I needed to know much about the game-- socializing has always been the highlight of my football season!

I may be jumping the gun here, but autumn means we're just a little bit closer to Christmas!! My family is so laughing at this post right now because they say that I make my Christmas list all year long-- and they're practically right! I'm going to try and wait another month, but it's almost time for the Christmas music to be brought out!


Happy Friday!



Photobucket


No comments: