Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lauren D's Birthday Celebration!

Yay, Yay, Yay for Lauren's Birthay!!
Last Wednesday, my sweet friend Lauren celebrated her birthday! Lauren and I have known each other for as long as I can remember! We grew up in church together and got really close after she moved back to Meridian after college!
Lauren and I enjoy the same things. There was a time in American Idol History when she came to my house every Tuesday night to cheer and scream "Pick Pickler" every single time that Kelly Pickler graced the Idol stage! Lauren and I also went to see the American Idol tour the year that Taylor Hicks won... oh yeah, and Pickler was there too! Ha!
Even though Lauren now lives in Jackson, we talk frequently and see each other when we have weekend get cookouts and celebrate the birthdays of some of our friends!
Last Friday night, our sweet friend Joy (pictured above) and Lauren's boyfriend, Brandon, helped get everything together for a celebration. We ate, and ate, and ate again as we scarfed down her, you guessed it, "American Idol" birthday cake! And the gifts went along with the same theme!
Joy had this wonderful idea for us to contact Courtney from 'AngelCourt Jewels' and get Lauren something really special for her birthday. You see, AngelCourt supplied all of the jewelry for the American Idol finalists this year. So after Courtney came over and displayed some of her awesome pieces, we chose two things that were perfect for Lauren. I have spent a while looking for pictures of Shioban and Katie Stevens in this jewlery to prove to you that they've actually worn it! I'm going to keep looking. It's really cool and Lauren was speechless! She couldn't believe that she was wearing earrings that Siobhan wore in Idol Season 9!
After countless hours of socializing, eating and laughing at our goofy selves from attempting to play Taboo, we ended the night! It was so fun!
Elizabeth, Joy, Lauren, Terry, Brandon, Dylan and David, I had so much fun with ya'll! I still haven't stopped laughing from some of your words in taboo!
Oh, and if you're wondering, her boyfriend Brandon gave her tickets to go and see Carrie Underwood in Birmingham the night after her party!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love Lauren! We were Chi O's together at State. It sounds like you had a great party! My birthday is in December...hint, hint. ;) Ha!

Joy said...

Not to self... take pictures WAY before the night is about to end so I don't look like crap! The end!

It was a fun night. Can't wait to do it again!!