Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Post-Wreck

Many of you have called, sent texts and emails to check in on me and see how I'm recovering. This has been much more difficult than I thought it would be. Monday I was sore, and yesterday I was a little more bruised, but today, I'm in a lot of pain. I didn't get much sleep last night-- I just couldn't get comfortable.
There have been many moments throughout the past few days when I just stop and think about how grateful I am to be alive. I really shouldn't have been able to walk away from my wreck-- especially with only bruises and burns. However, I am thankful that God was with me before and during the wreck and continues to walk by my side while I'm recovering.
Last night at Bible study, we had a big discussion about how God uses different situations in life to grab your attention. There have been many times in my life when things have happened and I didn't understand the reasoning behind it, but was able to find peace in the fact that the God I serve knows! I know that God will use this accident to get me WHERE He wants me to be and to become WHO He wants me to be and that I'll see the big picture soon.
"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. Therefore my heart rejoices, and I praise Him with my song." Psalm 28:7

2 comments:

KSH said...

AMEN....feel better soon

Harper Anne Miller said...

I so wish there was a like button you could just click on for blog posts. Anyway, I totally agree. Now, hurry up and get a new vehicle and post pics.