Monday, July 27, 2009

Always wear your seatbelt!


I'm sure that by now, most of you have heard about my wreck yesterday. I was on my way to Jackson to head to Memphis for the American Idol concert. Somewhere in between Pelahatchie and Brandon, I hydroplaned and began spinning in the middle of the interstate. As I was spinning around, I knew that there was nothing I could do to make the situation any better. I remember watching everything around me and wondering when it would end, closing my eyes, and knowing that my life was about to end. After I heard and felt the airbag, I opened my eyes, and heard 4 men yelling at me to get out of the car. They helped me gather the important things and said that their girlfriends were calling 911 for me-- then they left.


As I was standing on the interstate, white dressy long linen pants on (covered in mud to my knees, mind you), no shoes, and rain blowing from every direction, I frantically made a few phone calls and help arrived soon after. I went on to the hospital in Brandon and had x-rays made on my arm, chest and foot. I left the hospital around 5:00 and headed home to rest and get pampered, of course!


I'm taking the day today to rest and clean out the items from my car. I've had so many phone calls, texts and emails and am so very thankful that I've been able to talk to each one of you. I have several big burns and scratches from the seatbelt and airbag and something is wrong with my foot, but that's all minor. The policeman said that I should be thankful that I was wearing my seatbelt because I really shouldn't have survived.


Thanks so much for all of the prayers so far, keep them coming! I'm pretty sure that I have a few long days ahead! Seatbelts really do save lives... I'm a living testimony!!

1 comment:

KSH said...

so glad you are ok.....love you girl