Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

This past week has been one of the best weeks of my entire life! As most of you know, Christmas is my very favorite time of year. I love decorating my home, entertaining, and most of all, spending time with my family and friends.

On Tuesday, I felt a bad cold/sinus infection coming on. I knew that I had to do something quick because I had to sing at our Christmas Eve service at church. I called my ENT and he gave me some Singulair and I thought that would make me much better. I was so wrong because I was much worse on Wednesday. I had no clue how I was going to sing... I couldn't even breathe. I had to call a doctor friend and he was able to call me in some antibiotics. Long story short, I was able to get through singing and enjoyed an awesome time of worship with my church family and real family. Because I am single and I'm the only person from my family that attends FBC, I often sit with friends at church... but it was really special to have some of my closest family members with me that night!

Thursday, I woke up to find that Santa did indeed come to Grandview-- and I must've been on his "nice list" because I got a lot of good stuff-- laptop, MSU diploma matted and framed, boots, shoes, jewelry, DVD's, 2 new end tables (now being used as night stands in my room), books and much more!

When I graduated from college, I decided to start collecting Dr. Seuss books because I loved using them to teach when I was student teaching. So I was happy to find The Lorax, Horton Hears a Who, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, Green Eggs & Ham, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now as gifts this Christmas season!
Word to the wise... If you have any Dr. Seuss books that you are looking to get rid of, send them my way!

On Christmas night, we had 30 family members over for dinner and dirty santa! It was so much fun... even if I was sick. Here's a look at some pictures...

My cousins... Sarah, Jamey and Emily

A quick picture with Grandaddy (above) and Grannie (below)

Chad & Erin... the parents of the newest addition to our family, Harper Anne

Hayden & Nate (Daniel's boys)

All Cousins... (back row) Jason, Tyler, Colton, Sarah, Jamey, Me, Emily (front row) Daniel and Erin

*We were missing three cousins, Garth, Madison and Joel from this picture. Their family didn't make it for Christmas because Garth had knee surgery the week before...

Our moms & dads as cousins... (left to right) Identical twins Randy & Rusty and their sister Sandra alongside their cousins Joey and Jesselyn (brother and sister). There is another cousin, Jim, whose family didn't make it for Christmas this year.

My all-time favorite two ladies... my grandmother and her sister Faye (my great aunt that I call "grannie Poe")

Me and my sweet mom


On Christmas night, after all of the festivities, my cousins and I went to see Marley & Me. What a cute but sad movie... yeah, I cried the last 20 minutes... but it was really good. I went home and just loved on my own little Marley, my lab, Lucy. Isn't she so pretty?!

1 comment:

KSH said...

love all the pics glad yall had a Grand Christmas on Grandview poor Gracey didn't make the blog :)
happy New Year
You look great by the way in the first pic