Monday, June 30, 2008

K.I.C.K. 2008



So, if I must say so myself, I have the absolute BEST job in the entire world. I really have been blessed to serve at FBC the past three years, first as an intern, now as the Director of Preschool and Children's Minisitries.
Two summers ago, I decided to launch a weekly program for the 1st-6th graders at church called K.I.C.K. This stands for Kids In Christs Kingdom. Each week, we take a "fun" trip somewhere around Mississippi. We've been to MS Braves Games, Science Museums, done mission work around Meridian and even traveled to a place in the middle of nowhere known as Shark Tooth Creek. This has been one of the most talked about trips among the kids. They absolutely love it. They wade in the creeks of Aliceville, AL and search for tons of shark teeth. They even get to keep a few and take home. Yes, it's HOT, but the kids LOVE it!!

No comments: