Friday, January 16, 2009

She's Here!!!

Welcome to our world, baby girl!



Harper Anne Miller


January 16, 2009

6 lbs. 9 ozs. 19 inches long

5:01 p.m.


Me and the mommy!

WOW!! What a day! I have been at the hospital since around 9:00 this morning and I'm absolutely thrilled to introduce you to the newest member of my family. Miss Harper Anne came into this world just a few hours ago... flawlessly, might I add.


Erin was a champ. She refused her epidural last night because she didn't want it to wear off. At 6:00 bright and early this morning, she decided to go on and get the epidural. She had an absolute PAIN FREE delivery... NEVER felt a thing. As a matter of fact, her OB/GYN made the anesthesiologist (who was precious) cut the epidural off because she wasn't making any progress pushing.


Erin asked me to be in the delivery room with her and Chad (baby's daddy :) and Erin's husband) and her mom, Jesselyn to take pictures. I was SO excited because I knew that all of the blood and guts on Grey's Anatomy had prepared me for this moment! (I am known for throwing up when I see someone else throwing up... and for gagging when I have to wipe a snotty nose...) Ha, Ha! I took my post and after about an hour of pushing... that sweet precious baby came into our world! What an amazing thing to be apart of!


Erin and Chad will be the BEST parents and Harper Anne is a very lucky girl to be surrounded by a TON, and I mean a TON of family members that are already eating her up with a spoon!

1 comment:

Jim and Cara Lea said...

Yay... and she is beautiful.. and look how cute pregnant Erin is! Oh.. and thanks for clarifying for your readers that "chad" is both the baby's daddy and erin's husband! Love it!